The wiki is now fully functional and ready to be updated. Please refer to the wiki formatting guide on the left.
|Provides lift, steering and stabilisation.|
Rudder is a movement cube in Robocraft. It is mostly used to stabilise flyers and make turning more manageable, but can sometimes be used in replacement of wings.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Rudders are small wings, generating lift and allowing for the creation of planes. They also allow for manoeuvring. They produce slightly less lift when going backwards or when placed upside-down, which can be used to balance your craft. Rudders weigh less than wings. They increase in size as you use more CPU-consuming rudders.
These and their wing counterparts are subject to Front-or-Back Cube Behaviour.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
Design tips[edit | edit source]
- Attach the cube to your robot, add a source of thrust, and the bot can fly.
- Rudders stabilize flight and make side-slipping nonexistent. Rudders' main use is on the top for stabilization, but they also work as elevators or ailerons<!-yes it is real word. I checked->.
- Rudders can be placed on cruisers or hovers to provide stability when descending cliffs or steep walls, if they are mounted on the back. This can have a marked effect on a bot's movement style so do not expect it to work flawlessly on an especially large or small bot.
- Rudders are easier to fit on walkers than aerofoils.
- Rudders, being smaller than Aerofoils, have lower lift, but the amount that is lost is not significant. Most crafts, capable of flight, can fly with Rudders instead of Aerofoils.
- Vertically mounted Rudders produce lift in the UP direction, and will force a craft to flip so that they are facing the map ceiling. This is true even for rudders mounted facing DOWN, and can be used to make aircraft that fly upside down.
- For maximum stability, rudders should be placed behind the center of thrust, mounting thrusters in front of the centre of thrust increases maneuverability, but can severely impact the ability of the craft to remain level at lower speeds.
|Chassis||Cubes||Basic Cubes • Glass|
|Other||Rods • Struts • Helium|
|Movement||Ground||Wheels • Hover Blades • Mech Legs • Insect Legs • Caterpillar Tracks • Skis|
|Air||Wings • Rudders • Rotor Blades|
|Propulsion||Thrusters • Propellers|
|Weapons||Weapons||Proto-Seeker • Laser Gun • Plasma Launcher • Railgun • Nano-Disruptor • Aeroflak Cannon • Lock-on Missile Launcher • Ion Distorter • Tesla Blade|
|Modules||Power Booster • Disc Shield • Blink Module • Ghost Module • Windowmaker Module|
|Cosmetic||Masks||Scary • Football • Mech 7 • Sabretooth • Rhino 8 • Eagle • Cockpit • OverWolf • Honeydew • Alienware|