Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Passive regenerative protection|
|“||Shield able to withstand a lot of damage.||„|
|~ In-game description|
Electroshields are specials that are used to protect the parts underneath or behind them.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Any hit on any part of an electroshield is counted as hitting it, including the back without the shining texture, by its energy shield. As the Base Health of an electroshield is decreases, the part starts fading to black
Each electroshield has its own unique shape and size as well as a "left" and "right" version, both of which must be purchased separately. Progressively higher rarity electroshields have increasing large amounts of Base Health, as well as requiring more CPU.
Electroshields have sufficient shielding to block several same-rarity SMG hits, but will be penetrated by same-rarity Railgun hits or if multiple shots from a plasma volley hit the same Electroshield. They can also be destroyed instantly by destroying the cube they are mounted on.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
||Base Health||CPU||Health per CPU||Mass|
Note: Both left and right electroshields have the same stats.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
How to Use[edit | edit source]
- Electroshields should cover those components that are vital to a robot's functionality, such as wheels, wings, rudders, or weapons. The chassis cube holding the electroplating must in turn be protected; otherwise the electroplating may be easily shot off and wasted. Care must be exercised to not allow electroshields to hinder the robot as well; the bulkiness and size of electroshields will impede movement, obstruct weapon turning arcs, block shots, or force unfavorable cube shifts that reduce the robot's battle effectiveness.
- As with all important components, when placing pairs of electroshields on both sides of your bot (above and below), it is recommended that the mounting connection points to not share the same cube.
- Battling with no electroshields can be a viable strategy as this frees up CPU.
- Blocks have less armor per CPU and per area occupied than Electroshields, so Electroshields should mainly be used to reduce weight or to cover specific weak points with more armor, at the cost of health boost.
- Do also note that since you get more armor/CPU with electroshields, than boost/CPU with blocks, unl It is often more viable to just armor up your smaller bots with electroplates. Electroplates are advisable on flying/hovering bots because they are lighter than the equivalent, in CPU, of cubes. This effect is ascribed to the creation of a more easily balanced bot and the potentially freed CPU in the form of removed movement cubes not required on a lighter bot.
- Barrier Protection and Resistivity - based weapons apply their damage to the shield value of electroshield before their armor value.
SMG robots will have the hardest time shooting off electroshields, especially in rare and epic variants and in close-up firefights. Electroshields block all penetrating shots, which makes strategically shooting off cubes behind the electroshields arduous. Plasma launchers have an advantage where the blast radius may reach behind electroshields, but such methods become more difficult to achieve in the later tiers where more electroshield shapes are available. However, multiple plasma hits to the same Electroshield will still destroy it. Some situations may not be resolved with anything short of brute force, in which case traveling with battle-ready teammates would be best.
Tips By Shape[edit | edit source]
- Original - Can be used for Filling a tiny gaps,can be abused if done correctly.
- A - Excellent for filling small, annoying gaps.
- B - Being curved is nice, great for covering wheels and hoverblades. They can be placed with the tips interleaving that can form a cage like shape.
- C- These shields actually fit nicely, one after another, creating very strong siding if you have sufficient cpu.
- D - These shields tessellate very nicely to create conic shrouds for vital parts.
- E - The 45 degree angle on these shields makes them equally useful for side and top armor.
- F - These shields are designed so that the left and right variants create a solid boat shape. They work very well alongside Mk 6 electroshields.
- G - These shields are large and flat, useful for exposed areas, but you may find them difficult to work into smaller bots.
- H - The triangle shape of these makes them useful for armoring awkward locations as well as making a "plow" on the front of a bot.
- I - Absolutely monstrous jump in shield value. A single one of these can guard the entire flank of a smaller bot due to its size and shape.
- J+K - Giant shields that are large enough to guard the entire flank of a normal bot.
Artwork[edit | edit source]
The front of the electroshield is textured a neon version of whatever color you color the electroshield.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Electroshields were once called "Electroplates" a long time ago.
- They also once belonged to the Weapons category of the forge section.
- When electroplates were first introduced, they were available at all tiers. Later, Tier 1 and Tier 2 electroplates were removed from the game. In the Dawn of the Megabots update, Tier 2 electroplates were reintroduced. Tier 1 electroplates were a flat 3x2 panel and they were exclusively available in T10 form.
|Electroplate Shield Down|
|Deactivated Shield Warning|
- After the Full Spectrum Combat update on 17/12/2015, the T10 Electroplates had changed to the Electroshield instead of electroplate.
- In Epic Loot update on 28/04/2016, Electroplates lost their name (changed to Electroshield), and the T1 Electroplate was added back to game.
- Electroshields now don't have tiers.
|Chassis||Cubes||Health Cubes • Light Cubes • Glass|
|Other||Rods • Struts • Helium|
|Movement||Ground||Wheels • Hover Blades • Mech Legs • Sprinter Legs • Insect Legs • Tank Tracks • Skis|
|Air||Wings • Rudders • Rotor Blades|
|Propulsion||Thrusters • Propellers|
|Weapons||||Proto-Seeker • Laser Gun • Plasma Launcher • Railgun • Nano-Disruptor • Aeroflak Cannon • Lock-on Missile Launcher • Ion Distorter • Tesla Blade|
|Modules||Weapon Energy • Disc Shield • Blink • Ghost • Windowmaker|
|Masks||Scary • Football • Mech 7 • Sabretooth • Rhino 8 • Eagle • Cockpit • OverWolf • Honeydew • Alienware|