Thrusters are a type of movements.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Thrusters provide thrust in the direction they are facing as well as a high amount of Speed boost, however, this boost is only counted for the direction the thrusters are facing.
It can be a design challenge to enclose and shield larger Thrusters from damage, though this design strategy may not be cost effective as Thrusters have high armour values and are difficult to destroy. This high durability is often exploited by covering the exterior of a robot with a protective layer of Thrusters.
Pros and cons[edit | edit source]
- Can be used to boost speeds of most other movement forms.
- Can be used to aid steering of other movement types.
- Use a lot of CPU when used in bulk.
- Must be placed at the right place to avoid flipping.
Performance[edit | edit source]
Poorly placed thrusters will cause spinning rather than propel a robot forward. This is especially true for satellites and drones, which need thrusters as the primary movement method.
Thrusters are also useful for providing airborne steering ability when correctly mounted.
From the Dec 2014 "Tanks Are Rolling Out" patch, diminishing returns apply to Thrusters. Up to 15 Thrusters in each of the six directions will have 100% thrust, with diminishing thrust from the 16th through the 25th, and no boost from the 26th onward.
They are affected by Front-or-Back Cube Behavior.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
||Base Health||CPU||Mass||Base Speed||Speed Boost (%)|
||Cheetah Carbon 6||Only in crates|
- The Carbon 6 variant of the Thruster Cheetah cannot be forged and can only be found in Salvage Crates.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The space behind the Thruster does not have to be empty for it to provide boost.
- Thruster were originally called Jets
- Before wings were implemented, the only way to fly were thrusters and helium blocks, a design that is still viable.
- Tier 1 Thrusters were removed from the game for a short time, but were reintroduced in Tanks Are Rolling Out update.
- The general name for Thrusters is referred in code as "KUBE_Jet".
|Chassis||Cubes||Health Cubes • Light Cubes • Glass|
|Other||Rods • Struts • Helium|
|Movement||Ground||Wheels • Hover Blades • Mech Legs • Sprinter Legs • Insect Legs • Tank Tracks • Skis|
|Air||Wings • Rudders • Rotor Blades|
|Propulsion||Thrusters • Propellers|
|Weapons||||Proto-Seeker • Laser Gun • Plasma Launcher • Railgun • Nano-Disruptor • Aeroflak Cannon • Lock-on Missile Launcher • Ion Distorter • Tesla Blade|
|Modules||Weapon Energy • Disc Shield • Blink • Ghost • Windowmaker|
|Masks||Scary • Football • Mech 7 • Sabretooth • Rhino 8 • Eagle • Cockpit • OverWolf • Honeydew • Alienware|